JAMBOREE SMOG is licensed to service ALL VEHICLES:



Jamboree Smog is a State of CA Licensed STAR Station! STAR stations are Smog Check stations that meet higher performance standards established by the Bureau of Automotive Repair. Our staff can handle a wide range of vehicles, including those that pass with flying colors, to those that fail inspection at very high emissions levels.

Jamboree Smog is a State of California Licensed Smog Check Test Station. We perform Smog Check inspections on vehicles. If you don’t pass, you have up to 30 days to get a free retest!


Q: How often does my vehicle have to be tested?
A: Your vehicle must be tested every other year. A smog check is also required if you sell your vehicle and it is more than four model years old. Some vehicles may require a smog check at a Test-Only station. Jamboree Smog is a Test Only station.

Q: What is a Test-Only station?
A: Test-Only stations are licensed smog check stations that are only allowed to test cars. State law prohibits them from making repairs. Jamboree Smog is a Test-Only station. Jamboree Smog will never try to sell you repairs.

Q: How will I know if I need to take my car to a Test-Only station?
A: You will be notified on the registration renewal notice sent by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if your vehicle must be inspected at a Test-Only station.

Q: When am I required to get my car smog checked?
Under California vehicle emissions control laws and regulations, you must get a smog check for your car in the following cases:

  • My DMV Registration Renewal Notice says “Smog Certification Required” OR “Smog Certification Required at a Test-Only Center”Most vehicles registered in California are required to pass a smog check every two years. Your annual Registration Renewal Notice lets you know when you need to get a smog check.
  • I am selling my car.When you sell a vehicle in California, the seller is responsible for getting a smog certifcate prior to completing the sale.
  • I am bringing a car into California to be registered.When you bring a vehicle into California to be registered, you are required to get a smog certifcate prior to registration.

Q: What should I take to my smog check?

If you are renewing your registration, you only need to take your vehicle, your Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Registration Renewal Notice, and a method of payment for the smog check. If you are transferring a vehicle, or registering it in California for the first time, take the vehicle, a form of payment, and all of your registration documents to the station.

Q: What happens during a smog check?

While performing a smog check, the certified technician will connect measuring equipment to your vehicle. This equipment is connected to computers at the Bureau of Automotive Repair. Measurements taken during the smog check are recorded and available immediately to BAR. Certifications are immediately transmitted to the DMV. The staff at Jamboree Smog will tell you the results of the test. They will give you a receipt and a copy of the test results, known as a Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR). What to do next If your vehicle passes, you may complete your vehicle registration. Be sure to follow the the exact instructions provided by DMV. In some cases, such as paying your fees at a DMV field office, you will have to notify DMV that you received a smog certification before they will process your registration and send you the renewed registration and sticker.